SV Notes for MJD 56242 (starting evening of November 10)¶
|Observer 1||Observer 2||Run Manager||SISPI Expert on Call||Eyeball Squad||QR|
|Honscheid||Martini||Honscheid / Gerdes||Honscheid||Gruen/March||Angelo/Ogando|
DECam Configuration and Setup¶
|SISPI Configuration File||sv.ini|
|Image Processing (Calibration)||NCSA|
|Image Processing (First Cut)||NCSA|
Twilight ends 21:43, middle of night to hand over to community SV at 01:27 (but delayed if there is TCS/guider work)
Moonrise at 04:36 11% illuminated, 154 degrees away from our Mini-Survey field on Stripe 82. Dark for our full half-night!
Observing Plan and Goals for the Night¶
- Standard bias and dome flat sequence during afternoon
- Repeat photon transfer curve in one filter to check for full-well problems beyond N30.
- Please try to get dome open for temperature equilibration at earliest appropriate time, be sure all cooling/ventilation systems are on.
- Check on DIMM status, running if at all possible. [Jiangang: I noticed the DIMM seeing changes over the past 3 days, but they change once and fixed there. See my attached image]
- Make sure RASICAM is online if weather conditions permit.
- A few times per night ask the operator to contact the other telescopes on Tololo to get their seeing value. Record those in the eLog.
Expectation for tonight is to have same pointing/tracking behavior as last night: very poor pointing, tracking/guiding sufficient to hold PSF ellipticities <=0.15.
Note: SN observations are particular about the pointing, but it is ok to accept whatever pointing the telescope produces when doing standards and minisurvey.Prioritization for tonight's observations:
- Photometric standards sequence as soon as dark enough (grizY in 3 fields at different airmasses, preferably one at X < 1.25, one at X = 1.25-1.65 and one at X > 1.65) and again at handover to Dara. Conditions: clear or thin clouds, any seeing.
- Any Sky Brightness Measurements observations deemed necessary at this moon phase by Paul. Conditions required: clear, any seeing.
- Observe MiniSurvey MS1a pointings, under OBSTAC control, if it is successful. Conditions required: clear or thin clouds, seeing <1.5".
- SN Templates In deep field X3, complete the z band and do the i band. Take the g and Y band exposures needed to reach desired depth of the Main survey. Conditions required: clear or thin clouds, seeing <1.6".
- SN Templates Take the griz exposures for shallow fields E2, X1, and X2 Conditions required: clear or thin clouds, any seeing.
- SN Templates Take griz for deep field C3 Conditions required: Must be clear and <1.2" seeing
- DECal sweeps Conditions required: Any.
Notes from the 4PM Meeting and Additional Comments¶
Notes from Observers¶
Notes on Analyses of Night's Data:¶
TASCA b-filter animated GIF for this night (time stamp in UT):