General Information for SV Observers¶
- DES Operations Wiki
Check the Operations Wiki for manuals, SISPI user guides and other important information. It is recommended that you take a look at this before arriving on Cerro Tololo.
- SV Schedule
- Tololo Weather Links
- Spreadsheet listing all SV datasets and their required conditions, priorities is on docdb-6630
- Guide for Twilight Flats Twilight flats have been forbidden effective 10 November 2012
- nightsum daily report.
Summary Pages and Work Areas¶
- List of flagged exposures
- Image inspection results (Eyeball Squad)
- Sky Brightness Measurements
- Flat Fields
- Coffee - absolutely essential for the success of SV
Bring (ground) coffee from La Serena or the US (you need to declare it when entering Chile)
- half-pound/person/week (or more!)
- Think about bringing your own mug.
- Conference Room
We will use the SV readytalk line for the daily 4 PM meetings. The speaker phone in the conference room can be used to call the US phone number.
- Once a day, you reset the login to get an outside line (press RH button until you see login on the screen, then dial 5414 ie 5+extension number) OR use skype as-if you are in US (readytalk is toll free on the mountain)
- Call the readytalk line: 001 866 740 1260 (no 001 if on skype)
- Passcode: 7691719 followed by #