Instrumental Signature FNAL meeting » History » Version 9
Instrumental Signature FNAL meeting¶
17-18 June 2013¶
Purpose¶This will be a working meeting to discuss the modeling, monitoring, and pipeline corrections of DECam instrumental signatures. This will include (but is not limited to)
- PSF flux dependence
- Bad pixels & CRs
- Calibration images: biases, darks, domes, night-sky & star flats, DECal images.
The meeting will be of interest to people from SV characterizing these effects, calibration group members looking at the relative calibrations, camera/CCD specialists, and people working on implementing necessary corrections in DESDM and CP.
Time & Location: The meeting will be held at Fermilab.
- Monday, June 17 Racetrack (Wilson Hall 7 cross over) 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Dark Side (Wilson Hall 6 West) 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 18 I booked Racetrack (Wilson Hall 7 cross over) 8:30 a.m - 3 p.m.
The finishing time will depend on how many contributors attend, but OK to plan on catching a flight home Tuesday evening.
Accommodations: See "http://www.fnal.gov/pub/visiting/accomodations.html" for hotels near FNAL. A limited amount of on-site housing is available - contact Steve Kent or Gary if you have limited travel budget and could take advantage of this.
We'll assume everyone can arrange their own travel and we'll get the food we need from the FNAL cafeteria.
Add your name to this list if you plan to attend, with a description of the work that you would be able to report on:
- Gary Bernstein (Star flat / ubercal solutions; astrometric solutions)
- Steve Kent
- William Wester (DECal and daily flats)
- Peter Nugent (astrometric distortion maps, fringe corrections, ubercal)
- Douglas Tucker (Global Calibrations Module)
- Huan Lin (nonlinearity corrections)
- Marcelle Soares-Santos
- John Marriner (bad pixels)
- add your name above this line
Interested in remote connection, if that's not too big of a hassle:
- Daniel Gruen (potentially travelling at that time)