Instrumental Signature FNAL meeting¶
17-18 June 2013¶
Purpose¶This will be a working meeting to discuss the modeling, monitoring, and pipeline corrections of DECam instrumental signatures. This will include (but is not limited to)
- PSF flux dependence
- Bad pixels & CRs
- Calibration images: biases, darks, domes, night-sky & star flats, DECal images.
The meeting will be of interest to people from SV characterizing these effects, calibration group members looking at the relative calibrations, camera/CCD specialists, and people working on implementing necessary corrections in DESDM and CP.
Time & Location: The meeting will be held at Fermilab.
- Monday, June 17 Racetrack (Wilson Hall 7 cross over) 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Dark Side (Wilson Hall 6 West) 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 18 I booked Racetrack (Wilson Hall 7 cross over) 8:30 a.m - 3 p.m.
The finishing time will depend on how many contributors attend, but OK to plan on catching a flight home Tuesday evening.
Accommodations: See "http://www.fnal.gov/pub/visiting/accomodations.html" for hotels near FNAL. A limited amount of on-site housing is available - contact Steve Kent or Gary if you have limited travel budget and could take advantage of this.
We'll assume everyone can arrange their own travel and we'll get the food we need from the FNAL cafeteria.
Add your name to this list if you plan to attend, with a description of the work that you would be able to report on:
- Gary Bernstein (Star flat / ubercal solutions; astrometric solutions)
- Steve Kent
- William Wester (DECal and daily flats)
- Peter Nugent (astrometric distortion maps, fringe corrections, ubercal)
- Douglas Tucker (Global Calibrations Module)
- Huan Lin (nonlinearity corrections)
- Marcelle Soares-Santos
- John Marriner (bad pixels)
- Claudio Bruderer
- Robert Gruendl (current pipeline implementation)
- Brian Yanny [pupil images, testing, integrating into DESDM]
- Klaus Honscheid [Tuesday only]
- Darren DePoy
- Nicolas Regnault
- Pierre Astier
- Rutuparna Das
- Greg Tarle
- Michael Schubnell
- Tom Diehl
- Juan Estrada
- Melissa Butner
- Eric Neilsen
- add your name above this line
Interested in remote connection, if that's not too big of a hassle:
- Daniel Gruen (potentially travelling at that time)
- Andrés Plazas
- Alistair Walker
- Paul Martini (fringing)
- Kerstin Paech (crosstalk)
- Frank Valdes
- 9-10:30: Star flats / ubercal (Nicolas Regnault; Steve Kent; Anne Bauer remote?); order of operations (Gary Bernstein)
- 10:30-12: Dome flats, DECal, & color terms (William Wester; Darren DePoy)
- 12-1 (lunch)
- 1-3: Pixel area frames (Andres Plazas remote) and Fringe frames (Paul Martini remote); current pipeline implementation (Robert Gruendl)
- 3-5: Nonlinear response (Huan Lin); SiDET results (Melissa Butner / Juan Estrada ?)
- 9-10:30: Crosstalk (Kerstin Paech remote), Bad Pixels (John Marriner)
- 10:50-12: Astrometry for coadds - see Eli's Some Notes on Astrometry
- 12-1 (lunch)
- 1-3: Brighter/fatter (Rutuparna Das & Michael Schubnell; Nicolas Regnault)
Talks are posted at this docdb event
Call-in information: see Teleconference Information¶
1. Dial Toll-Free Number: 866-740-1260 (U.S. & Canada)
2. International participants dial:
Toll Number: 303-248-0285
Or International Toll-Free Number: http://www.readytalk.com/intl
3. Enter your 7-digit access code, followed by “#”
Your access code: 7691719