18 Whisker from windowednon-windowed moments for Feb 2013 exposures from firstcut catalog » History » Version 2
18 Whisker from windowednon-windowed moments for Feb 2013 exposures from firstcut catalog¶
In the new firstcut catalog (Feb. 2013), the moments measured using weights are also included. I am including the whisker/R50 results below.
1. R50 and Whisker based on non-weighted moments (in sextractor, the weighted moments is under the name of *WIN)
2. R50 and Whisker based on weighted moments. The kernel size of the weight has fwhm = 2*R50. So, the measured quantities is the result of both image and the weight kernel. Clearly, the whisker is much smaller.
3. R50 and Whisker based on the corrected weighted moments. The corrected weighted moments are the weighted moments after the correction for the contribution from the weight kernel. So, this should be compariable to 1.
Next, I show the cross comparison of the whiskers from different methods, as shown by the names on the axis.
1. Whisker from non-weighted moments and from corrected weighted moments
2. Whisker from non-weighted moments and from non-corrected weighted moments
3. Whisker from corrected weighted moments and non-corrected weighted moments.