Science Verification provides an end-to-end test of all the systems needed to actually conduct the survey, both on the mountain and elsewhere. Successfully passing the formal acceptance requirements is a necessary condition for DES to begin (along with corresponding acceptance tests of DES DM and the Community Pipeline).
Current SV Work¶
- Teleconference Information
Next conference: Monday 15 July, 11 AM EDT
- SV Job list
- Punch List - Issues discovered with hardware and software that need to be corrected. Also contains log of configuration changes to hardware/software.
- Regression Tests - Developing tests that DES will repeat on a regular basis after SV.
- DECam Operations
- DES Operations
- Science Verification Report (docdb-6985)
- Image Quality Catalogs
- QC/Kentools and ImageHealth
- Instrumental Signature FNAL meeting info
- Pointing Offsets and Position Drifts
- Analysis of June and July Regression Data
- Observing Plan for August 15, 2013 Engineering Night
- Observing Plan for August 30/31, 2013 Engineering Nights
- Observing Plan for September 18-20, 2013 Engineering Nights
- Observing Plan for the October 22, 2013 Engineering Night
- Observing Plan for the November 15-16, 2013 Engineering Nights
- Observing Plan for the December 16-17, 2013 Engineering Nights
- Observing Plan for the January 14-15, 2014 Engineering Nights
- Observing Plan for the February 12-13, 2014 Engineering Nights
- Observing Plan for the March 11-16, 2014 Engineering Nights
- Observing Plan for the July 13, 2014 Engineering Night
- Observing Plan for the August 6-7, 2014 Engineering Nights
- Observing Plan for the September 7-8, 2014 Engineering Nights
- Observing Plan for the October 10-11, 2014 Engineering Nights
- Observing Plan for the November 10, 2014 Engineering Nights
- Observing Plan for the January 4-5, 2015 Engineering Nights
- Observing Plan for the July 31, 2015 Engineering Nights
- Star Flat Instructions
- Analysis of SN Pointing Studies
- AOS Engineering Analysis
- Analysis of September Regression Data
- Analysis of shutter error
- Readout Noise Study
Absolute Calibration Analyses¶
- Standard Star Photometry - November.
- Y1C1 Stellar and Galaxy Modeling Issues - Eli's analysis of AUTO vs PSF/DETMODEL mag calibration.
- Y1C2 Stellar and Galaxy Modeling Issues - Eli's analysis of AUTO and PSF/DETMODEL mag calibration on Y1C2
- FPACKing the Weight Maps Corrupts Coadd Modeling - Eli's tracking down of where in the pipeline things are going wrong.
- FPACKing exonerated as Bugs in swarp and ImageProc Corrupts Modeling - The true source of where the pipeline is failing.
- Some Notes on Astrometry -- Eli's tests of astrometry in the Y1C2 coadds
- Comparisons of different SExtractor galaxy model fits
- SV-A1 Limiting Magnitudes -- Eli's maps of SVA1 limiting magnitudes
- SV-A1 Color Uniformity From Clusters -- Eli's maps of color uniformity
Records of SV Observations & Procedures¶
- Extended SV Observer Schedule - includes nightly schedule and procedures.
- November SV Observer Schedule
- Exposures - list of exposure ID's for some particular diagnostic tests and observations
- Observing Plans - page with info on targets and observing plans, circumstances, almanac.
- SPT-E (East Commish) List of Exposures with poor Seeing
- SV Operations - includes general information for observers.
- Operations - Guide to operations (obsolete)
- Calibration Observations - information for observing the standards fields.
- Standard Star Evening Twilight Tests - Dec 29 2012 tests of sun altitude for which standards stars are observable.
- Eyeball Examination results
- Sky Brightness Measurements vs sun altitude and moon phase/distance by Paul Martini
- DES DM Image Access
- Stand-Alone Calibration Routines
- DES DM Stack Installation Notes
- DES DM precal Notes
- DES DM Tools and Webpages
- DES DM Image Processing Documentation
- Notes about DECam_crosstalk, mkbiascor, and mkflatcor
- Master Calibration Frames
- Running Standalone Reduction Pipeline at CTIO
- Science Verification Report (docdb-6985)
- DES Science Verification Plan (docdb-6549)
- Science Requirements Traceback - (docdb-6550)
- Spreadsheet of SV Observations (docdb-6630)
- The DES Science Requirements Document (docDB #20)
- Input calibration files for DESDM (docDB#6512)
- Data Processing Overview