Start of Observing Checklist (Dome Open)¶
This the beginning of night checklist. It's available as a pre-defined form in the eLog. Please fill this out every evening.
- Observer(s) Present:
- Twilight Starts (Time):
- Twilight Ends (Time):
- Dome is Open [Y/N]:
- If not, have TELOPs open the dome an hour before.
- SISPI Interlocks OK [Y/N]:
- SISPI Interlocks that are not OK [List]:
- Check That Afternoon Calibrations Completed [Y/N]:
- Check RASICAM Running [Y/N]:
- If beginning of night (and pointing model remains as of Dec 2 2012)
- Talk to TelOps:
- Beginning of night: have TELOPs check that the handset gui at TelOps station, once getZp is issued, reads (RA,DEC) 0", -297". If it says 14.3 and -268", that's ok.
- This places the star in the gap between S4 and N4 until the TCS is rebooted or another observer changes it.
- Set the Hexapod Trim: push the "init z trim" button. It's in the upper right of the hexapod gui.
- Begin OBSTAC Observing [Time]:
Submit Night Scripts:
[check pointing, ss flats, DESsn observing & DES observing]
- Check Telemetry:
Telemetry OK [Y/N]:
The Standard SISPI Telemetry Plots are explained at
Explanation of SISPI Telemetry GUI Plots
[need to list some critical items to record]
- Check DTS Operating [Y/N]:
- Check Image Health: