End of Night Checklist¶This is the end of night checklist which is available as a pre-defined form in the eLog. This has be somewhat superseded by the nightsum tool.
- Observer(s) Present:
- Take Standard Star Flats [Script Name]:
- Submit End-of-Night Calibration Script [Script Name]:
- Summarize Shift:
- (List engineering tests, downtime cause and length, extra dome closures, extra images, unusual events, comments)
- Maybe each of these is a separate field.
- Night Summary Submitted [Y/N]:
- CTIO End-of-Night Report Submitted [Y/N]:
CTIO expects ALL observers to fill in the "CTIO End of Night" report. The Observer Support person on duty can show how, if need be. Cut and paste from the DES nightsum is appropriate for some of the material needed. This youtube link provides directions for filling out the end of night reports.
- Goto www.ctio.noao.edu/noao/
- Login (username and password will be provided by the operations manager)
- Goto Astronomers --> Observing --> Create Night Report
- Close any extra terminal window you might have opened during the night
- Close any extra browser windows you might have opened during the night. Be careful not to close any SISPI GUIs
- Go to the System Control section of the observer console GUI and clear the setup information
- Click on Edit
- Click on Clear
- Click on Save
Similarly, cleanup the observer2 desktop.