Run a root session¶
- Verify that you can run a root session and display a histogram on your laptop.
source /ds50/app/ds50/ds50.sh setup root v5_34_05 -q debug:e2 root -l $DS50data/ds50/tutorial/test.cint
- You should see a popup window that looks like the image below.
- If no window appears, you may need to use ssh -X or ssh -Y.
- This is described in the web page about logging in to the Fermilab interactive machines.
- To exit root, return the pointer focus to the window in which you ran root. Then type ".q" (without the quotes, with the leading dot) at the root prompt.
- Root test image: