Before You Arrive¶
Make sure that you have a Fermilab Visitor ID and kerberos prinicpal.¶
- Lynn or Jonghee will create your ds50 account, but this cannot be done until you have a FNALU account.
Make sure you can log into ds50.fnal.gov. This is the node we will use for the tutorial.¶
- Verify that you can start an xterm and have the display appear on your laptop.
- Verify that you can run a root session
- Verify that you can check out files from the art-workbook git repository.
- This is actually the first step of the tutorial
- source /ds50/app/ds50/setup_workbook_tutorial.sh
- This should complete without any errors
- Verify that an editor to your liking is available (emacs, vi, vim, ed) - or that you can use emacs
If you have trouble with any of these steps, send a message to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org