CET build tools¶
cetbuildtools is a flavorless product that contains various utility scripts and templates used to
create a product according to the CET conventions.
To use the templates in this directory, where XXX is the product name:
- cp setup_for_development.template <your-source-code>/ups/setup_for_development
- cp setup_deps.template <your-source-code>/ups/setup_deps
- cp product-config.cmake.in.template <your-source-code>/ups/product-config.cmake.in
- cp product_deps.template <your-source-code>/ups/product_deps
- Edit the list of required products and qualifiers in product_deps
- The ups convention is that product names will be all lower case.
- This is a very simple example of how to build a product with cmake.
- It contains source code, headers, and a test.
- An executable and library are produced.
- The "make install" step puts everything into a directory structure ready to create a relocateable ups tarball.