Fest V 25 Oct 2010¶
Release / repo tagging¶
"git log" should show the tags.
Always use annotated tags.
Interesting points in development, such as removal of directories or big changes (checkpoints) use convention "cp-2011-10-23" (cp=checkpoint)
Tag for official release: v1_0_1 is version 1.0.1. Three part version will be used.
See Product versioning conventions for the meaning of the parts.
Organization of tasks¶
Four huge developments:
- plugin manager * art start and main * parameter set use by art * service registry for startup issues
tasks of interest to members¶
Lynn - cmake build-tools used within low-level packages
Walter - exceptions within fhicl-cpp and art,
Chris - exceptions within MF, genreflex issues of not compiling generating code
Qiming - address the multiple MF cmake files and work on exception use in MF?
Accomplishments¶Marc & Jim
- Completed design of library manager (replacement for plugin manager)
- Rewrote module declarations (now easy to understand)
- Putting necessary utility functions in place
- New document page: How to create and use a private product area
- Enhance writeup of project version naming conventions
- Release cetbuildtools v1_4_0
- Integrate cetbuildtools v1_4_0 with cpp0x, cetlib, fhiclcpp, art
- Integrate cetlib exception with fhiclcpp, messagefacility, and art
- Unnecessary code being removed
- Art builds with fhiclcpp
- Forward partial friendship improvements to input module interface
Yet to do¶
Better task organization
Message Facility upgrade
Record stuff on whiteboard
Automatic email from git - only on tagging
Reorganize Message Facility and integrate with cetbuildtools v1_4_0
Can we put messagefacility into git?