Cleanup fest IV 13 Oct 2010 » History » Version 1
Jim Kowalkowski, 10/13/2010 10:23 AM
h1. Cleanup fest IV 13 Oct 2010
Need instructions for setting up the art development area.
Will be put into the art wiki at https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/art/wiki
Chris is putting this together, Lynn will need to do the another.
Would like to use a tool for tracking tasks, but that has not happened.
What is done?
* registry for parameter sets
* fhicl has dependency on cetlib
What will we do?
* namespace names and usage and conventions (scripts for conversion)
* private header file dependency issue in installation area problem
* need oink completely set up for development work
* dependencies on cetlib and cetcpp0x libraries (exceptions moved out for example, Walter wants revisit) (most important is libraries) (strings to codes problem might be revisited)
* dependency on cetcpp0x as separate step (install and setup)
* services in one file issue (services still need cleanup, and might be complete already to some extent, some are still questionable)
* need Qiming for fhicl status (parameter set class interface overview is one of the things, interactions with registry, persistency of psets)
* lots of parameter set usage issues - including injections of extra parameters
* art application program needs a lot of work - service registry issues, etc.
* plugin manager
* bring forward the input module interface changes from the last work session
* simple cleanup issues - local variables still refer to lumi blocks
* file-in-path solution
* need write-up of UPS setup procedure
* message facility start up in art application program (Qiming needed)
* tests that do not need art application program running?
* art linking (mostly builds now)
* cetlib and cetcpp0x library installation and release and instructions (shared_ptr and file-in-path are examples of code in here)
* what about services that are not plugins? (permanent fixtures)
* what are the rules for the plugin file organization?
* what needs to be updated in the cmake files to carefully check that fhicl-cpp is properly set up