Cleanup fest IV 13 Oct 2010 » History » Version 1
Cleanup fest IV 13 Oct 2010¶
Need instructions for setting up the art development area.
Will be put into the art wiki at https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/art/wiki
Chris is putting this together, Lynn will need to do the another.
Would like to use a tool for tracking tasks, but that has not happened.
What is done?
- registry for parameter sets
- fhicl has dependency on cetlib
What will we do?
- namespace names and usage and conventions (scripts for conversion)
- private header file dependency issue in installation area problem
- need oink completely set up for development work
- dependencies on cetlib and cetcpp0x libraries (exceptions moved out for example, Walter wants revisit) (most important is libraries) (strings to codes problem might be revisited)
- dependency on cetcpp0x as separate step (install and setup)
- services in one file issue (services still need cleanup, and might be complete already to some extent, some are still questionable)
- need Qiming for fhicl status (parameter set class interface overview is one of the things, interactions with registry, persistency of psets)
- lots of parameter set usage issues - including injections of extra parameters
- art application program needs a lot of work - service registry issues, etc.
- plugin manager
- bring forward the input module interface changes from the last work session
- simple cleanup issues - local variables still refer to lumi blocks
- file-in-path solution
- need write-up of UPS setup procedure
- message facility start up in art application program (Qiming needed)
- tests that do not need art application program running?
- art linking (mostly builds now)
- cetlib and cetcpp0x library installation and release and instructions (shared_ptr and file-in-path are examples of code in here)
- what about services that are not plugins? (permanent fixtures)
- what are the rules for the plugin file organization?
- what needs to be updated in the cmake files to carefully check that fhicl-cpp is properly set up