Build on MacOSX¶
These are old notes. art v1_08_04 and above build on MacOSX.
The build of a static gcc does not work well on MacOSX.
In addition, we have found a Linux use case that appears to require the standard shared-library build of gcc.
So, this work is done with gcc 4.7.3, built shared.
This work is done on a machine that does not have macports installed.
Scripts are now standardized
- cd /Users/garren/unix/externals
- get ups-v4_9_8_rc6-source.tar.bz
- tar xf ups-v4_9_8_rc6-source.tar.bz
- cd art_externals/v0_07_00
- edit do_this_first.sh to build ups v4_9_8_rc6
- ./do_this_first.sh /Users/garren/unix/externals
- source /Users/garren/unix/externals/setup
- cd $PRODUCTS/gcc/v4_7_3
- ./buildGCC.sh >& log.buildGCC &
Build nearly everything else¶
- get really brave
- cd $PRODUCTS/art_externals/v0_07_00
- ./buildCore.sh $PRODUCTS e3 debug
- status of build
- problem with boost
- clhep OK
- cppunit OK
- fftw OK
- gccxml complete failure
- libsigcpp OK
- libxml2 OK ?
- python OK
- sqlite OK
- problem with tbb