Building the Framework¶
- Table of contents
- Building the Framework
This is the home of build-framework, which is used to build and install all packages needed by art, etc..
See https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/cet-is-public/wiki for instructions about getting and building packages needed by art.
build-framework itself is used to generate the bundle source code manifests and source code tarballs.
ssibuildshims contains useful scripts used by the package build scripts.
The appropriate version will be packaged with each source code tarball.
There is a <product>-ssi-build repository for each external product (gcc, clhep, sqlite, etc.).
This repository contains a build script, the ups table file, patch files, and any other necessary files which are NOT part of the standard release tarball for that product.
- Create a new product build repository
- Build and distribute a new ssibuildshims release
- Build and distribute a product source code tarball
- Build and distribute a bundle
- Using Jenkins
- Obtaining, packaging and publishing new versions of ARM (formerly Allinea) Forge Tools (DDT and MAP).
- Obtaining and installing a new license file on the license server.
- Obtaining, packaging and building MVAPICH2 for use on an InfiniBand-capable machine
Distributions are found under http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/bundles/
Relocatable ups product tarballs are all under http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/packages/
Each bundle or tarball is in a "name/version" subdirectory under the main direcory.
This is encapsulated in the manifest used by pullProducts