artdaq Release Notes 1.12.11 (10-Jul-2015)¶
This version of artdaq includes a number of enhancements and bug fixes, as described below.
Through artdaq_core v1_04_16, this version of artdaq can be built against art v1_15_01 (s14), v1_14_03 (s12), v1_14_02 (s11), v1_13_02 (s8), or v1_13_01 (s7). It can also be built with gcc v4_9_1 (e6) or v4_9_2 (e7) [both use -std=c++1y]. However, Please Note that data files written by artdaq when using art v1_15_01 or v1_14_04 can not be read back, so these builds of art should be avoided.
The initial builds on SciSoft include e7:s8 and e7:s11 builds.
Also, artdaq can be built with the Infiniband or Ethernet MPI libraries, and these are controlled by qualifiers ib and eth.
The default set of qualifiers for this version of artdaq is e7:s11:eth.
- Previous version's release notes
- Downloads: http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/packages/artdaq/v1_12_11
- Nodes where this release has been deployed:
External Package Changes¶
- Issue #9771: Improve the reporting of problems when various exceptional conditions occur
- Issue #7917: Triggered Board Reader: A Board Reader that only sends fragments upon request
- Issue #8590: Look into using messages between BoardReaders as a way to trigger readout
- Issue #9044: Modify the XMLRPC server code inside the DAQ applications to release their sockets more quickly after an abrupt shutdown
- Issue #9772: Use TRACE to print out debug statements in R/SHandles instead of Debug macro(s)
- Issue #8441: Changes necessary to build against art Canopus while continuing to support older art versions
- Issue #9004: Ganglia metrics values should to go zero when a run is paused
- Issue #8716: Ganglia metric plugin handling of EventStore run_id.subrun_id
- The fixes for these two issues involved some amount of re-working the division of labor between classes in artdaq and artdaq_ganglia_plugin.
- The use of art v1_15_01 or v1_14_03 in artdaq creates data files that we are not able to read back. This will be fixed in an upcoming release of art.
Dependent Package Notes¶
- download the
pullProductsscript from http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/bundles/tools
'chmod +x pullProducts'(to make the script executable)
'cd <tarfile directory>'(to avoid cluttering up the current directory with downloaded tarfiles)
'<pathToScript>/pullProducts <product_topdir> slf6 artdaq-1.12.11 s11-e7 prof'
'<pathToScript>/pullProducts <product_topdir> slf6 artdaq-1.12.11 s11-e7 debug'
'<pathToScript>/pullProducts <product_topdir> slf6 artdaq-1.12.11 <other sX-eY combinations> <prof|debug>'