artdaq Release Notes 1.12.08 (27-Feb-2015)¶
This version of artdaq includes the ability to give artdaq processes "nicknames" for improving the clarity of log files.
It also has improved logic for shutting down the system, allowing for multiple instances of artdaq to run on a single node without interference.
artdaq may now be started with an XML configuration file; see the artdaq-utilities documentation for more information.
Through artdaq_core v1_04_10, this version of artdaq supports art v1_12_05 and v1_13_01, built using gcc v4.9.1.
For reference, the e6 qualifier indicates gcc v4.9.1 with the --std=c++1y flag enabled.
The s6 qualifier indicates art v1_12_05, while s7 indicates art v1_13_01.
Supported qualifier combinations are therefore e6:s6 and e6:s7.
And of course, artdaq can be built with the Infiniband or Ethernet MPI libraries, and these are controlled by qualifiers ib and eth.
The default set of qualifiers for this version of artdaq is e6:s7:eth.
- Previous version's release notes
- Downloads: http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/packages/artdaq/v1_12_08
- Nodes where this release has been deployed:
- 02-Mar-2015: ds50.fnal.gov, dsfr6 (FNAL), dsfr1 (LNGS), lbne35t-gateway01
External Package Changes¶
- Issue #7789: Configuration Management
- artdaq now accepts a configuration file which currently doubles as a resource list. A single set of scripts have been developed in artdaq_demo which can send commands to an arbitrarily-sized artdaq system.
- Issue #7964: Allow artdaq proccesses to be given descriptive names
- Issue #7965: pmt.rb shuts down all artdaq instances on a node
- This was noticeable on artdaq development nodes, and could potentially cause problems during the LBNE vertical-slice test.
- An e7 build is technically possible, but some of the artdaq dependencies do not currently support the e7 qualifier (which means gcc v4_9_2 --std=c++1y).
Dependent Package Notes¶
- download the
pullProductsscript from http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/bundles/tools
'chmod +x pullProducts'(to make the script executable)
'cd <tarfile directory>'(to avoid cluttering up the current directory with downloaded tarfiles)
'<pathToScript>/pullProducts <product_topdir> slf6 artdaq-1.12.08 s6-e6 prof'
'<pathToScript>/pullProducts <product_topdir> slf6 artdaq-1.12.08 s6-e6 debug'