artdaq Release Notes 1.12.07 (24-Feb-2015)¶
This release provides bug fixes to a couple of recently discovered problems (please see below).
This version of artdaq can be built against art v1_12_05, v1_12_04, or v1_11_03 (through artdaq_core v1_04_09). However, the standard distributions available from scisoft.fnal.gov only include builds with art v1_12_05 and v1_12_04.
It can also be build with gcc v4_9_1 or v4_8_2. However, the distributions available from scisoft.fnal.gov primarily include builds with gcc v4_9_1.
For reference, the e6 qualifier indicates gcc v4_9_1, and e5 indicates gcc v4_8_2.
The s6 qualifier indicates art v1_12_05, s4 indicates art v1_12_04, and s4 indicates art v1_11_03.
Valid combinations of these two types of qualifiers are e6:s6, e6:s5, e6:s4, e5:s6, e5:s5, and e5:s4.
And of course, artdaq can be built with the Infiniband or Ethernet MPI libraries, and these are controlled by qualifiers ib and eth.
The default set of qualifiers for this version of artdaq is e6:s6:eth.
- Previous version's release notes
- Downloads: http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/packages/artdaq/v1_12_07
- Nodes where this release has been deployed:
- 02-Mar-2015: ds50.fnal.gov, dsfr1 (LNGS)
- 25-Feb-2015: dsfr6 (FNAL), lbne35t-gateway01
External Package Changes¶
- Issue #7849: Activating fileMetric on EventBuilders causes downstream ART modules to fail
- Issue #7892: EventBuilders saturate CPU when BoardReaders send them fragments too quickly
Dependent Package Notes¶
- artdaq_core v1_04_09
- art v1_12_05
- art v1_12_04
- art v1_11_03
- ROOT v5_34_23
- gcc v4_9_1
- cetbuildtools v4_03_03
- download the
pullProductsscript from http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/bundles/tools
'chmod +x pullProducts'(to make the script executable)
'cd <tarfile directory>'(to avoid cluttering up the current directory with downloaded tarfiles)
'<pathToScript>/pullProducts <product_topdir> slf6 artdaq-1.12.07 s6-e6 prof'
'<pathToScript>/pullProducts <product_topdir> slf6 artdaq-1.12.07 s6-e6 debug'