artdaq Release Notes 1.12.04 (16-Oct-2014)¶
This version of artdaq can be built against art v1_12_02, v1_11_03, or v1_10_00b (through artdaq_core v1_04_06). However, the standard distributions available from scisoft.fnal.gov only include builds with art v1_12_02 and v1_11_03.
It can also be build with gcc v4_9_1 or v4_8_2. However, the distributions available from scisoft.fnal.gov primarily include builds with gcc v4_9_1.
For reference, the e6 qualifier indicates gcc v4_9_1, and e5 indicates gcc v4_8_2.
The s5 qualifier indicates art v1_12_02, s4 indicates art v1_11_03, and s3 indicates art v1_10_00b.
Valid combinations of these two types of qualifiers are e6:s5, e6:s4, e5:s5, e5:s4, and e5:s3.
And of course, artdaq can be built with the Infiniband or Ethernet MPI libraries, and these are controlled by qualifiers ib and eth.
The default set of qualifiers for this version of artdaq is e6:s5:eth.
- Previous version's release notes
- Downloads: http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/packages/artdaq/v1_12_04
- Nodes where this release has been deployed:
- dsfr1 (LNGS), dsfr5 (LNGS), dsfr6 (FNAL)
External Package Changes¶
- Changes were made to the NetMonInput_source and NetMonOutput_module to prevent Aggregator crashes when using gcc 4.9.1 and the latest cetlib.
Dependent Package Notes¶
- download the
pullProductsAD-v1_12_04file from http://oink.fnal.gov/distro/packages/artdaq and copy it to the computer where you want to install the packages
- change the permissions on the
pullProductsfile to make it executable:
'chmod +x pullProductsAD-v1_12_04'
- run the
pullProductsscript, telling it the location of your "products" area, the software bundle that you want downloaded, and other parameters.
- this script downloads UPS product tar files to the current directory when it is run. Because of this, you may want to run the command from a directory that won't be cluttered by the addition of a number of tar files. One option is to create a "tarfiles" subdirectory under your "products" area and run the command from there.
- the software bundles that are available can be found by running the
pullProductsAD-v1_12_04script without any arguments and reading through the help information that is printed out. Some useful bundles for downloading artdaq are:
- "artdev" - this will download the required version of art and all of the software packages that it needs
- "artdaq_eth" - this will download the Ethernet variant of the artdaq package and all of the software packages that it needs (including art)
- "artdaq_ib" - the Infiniband variant of artdaq, etc.
- some examples:
'pullProductsAD-v1_12_04 <products_area> slf6 artdaq_eth e6 prof'
'pullProductsAD-v1_12_04 <products_area> slf6 artdaq_ib e6 debug'
Please note that these instructions will change to make use of an improved
pullProducts script with later releases of artdaq.