artdaq Release Notes 1.12.03 (26-Sep-2014)¶
This version of artdaq can be built against art v1_12_01, v1_11_03, or v1_10_00b (through artdaq_core v1_04_05). However, the standard distributions available from scisoft.fnal.gov only include builds with art v1_12_01 and v1_11_03.
It can also be build with gcc v4_9_1 or v4_8_2. However, the distributions available from scisoft.fnal.gov only include builds with gcc v4_9_1.
For reference, the e6 qualifier indicates gcc v4_9_1, and e5 indicates gcc v4_8_2.
The s5 qualifier indicates art v1_12_00, s4 indicates art v1_11_03, and s3 indicates art v1_10_00b.
Valid combinations of these two types of qualifiers are e6:s5, e6:s4, e5:s5, e5:s4, and e5:s3.
And of course, artdaq can be built with the Infiniband or Ethernet MPI libraries, and these are controlled by qualifiers ib and eth.
The default set of qualifiers for this version of artdaq is e6:s5:ib.
- Previous version's release notes
- Downloads: http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/packages/artdaq/v1_12_03
- Nodes where this release has been deployed:
External Package Changes¶
There have been a number of changes in the v1_12_xx series of artdaq, and it has not always been easy to keep track of them. So, the notes here attempt to cover all of the changes since v1_11_00. Interested readers should also check the changes described in the artdaq_core v1_04_05 release notes (link above) since those naturally affect artdaq.
- Changes were made to CMakeLists.txt files, setup_for_development, and product_deps to keep up with the latest cetbuildtools version.
- The Utilities classes (SimpleLookupPolicy and TimeUtils) were moved from the artdaq package into artdaq_core.
- This was needed in order to split ds50daq into two packages (Issue #6192: Move the data format classes to a separate package so that darkart would not need to depend on ds50daq)
- The RHandles and SHandles classes were modified as part of making the speed improvements in artdaq::Fragment.
- This is part of Issue #4655: Possible performance enhancement to Fragment
- Functionality was also added to the s_r_handles unit test as part of the fragment speedup.
- The raw_event_queue_reader unit test has been re-enabled thanks to fixes from Chris to work with art v1_11_03.
- Issue #7062: Allow small values for the number of events in a subrun
- AggregatorCore was modified to support small values for the number or events or time in a subrun
- When running full artdaq systems in the artdaq_demo, lbne_artdaq, or mu2e_artdaq, we've found that both the disk-writing and onling monitoring Aggregators crash when they see their first event. This issue is under investigation (Issues #7114 and #7115).
- When we try to examine the package version and build time information in data written with earlier versions of artdaq, there are problems because the necessary information is not in the ROOT dictionary. This is under investigation (Issue #7125).
- Developers that are updating experiment-based packages to this release and starting to use cetbuildtools v4_01_xx for the first time should take a look at the changes that are needed for the newer cetbuildtools that are listed here.