artdaq Release Notes 1.12.02 (07-Sep-2014)¶
This version of artdaq depends on art v1_11_03 and v1_10_00b (through artdaq_core v1_04_00).
The e5 qualifier indicates gcc v4_8_2. The e6 qualifier indicates gcc v4_9_1, but e6 is not available for this version of artdaq. It will be available in an upcoming point release.
The s3 qualifier indicates art v1_10_00b, and s4 indicates art v1_11_03.
Valid combinations are e5:s3 and e5:s4. The default is e5:s4.
- Previous version's release notes
- Downloads: http://oink.fnal.gov/distro/packages/artdaq
- Nodes where this release has been deployed:
- none yet
External Package Changes¶
- Changes were made to CMakeLists.txt files, setup_for_development, and product_deps to keep up with the latest cetbuildtools version.
- The Utilities classes (SimpleLookupPolicy and TimeUtils) were moved from the artdaq package into artdaq_core.
- This was needed in order to split ds50daq into two packages (Issue #6192: Move the data format classes to a separate package so that darkart would not need to depend on ds50daq)
- The RHandles and SHandles classes were modified as part of making the speed improvements in artdaq::Fragment.
- This is part of Issue #4655: Possible performance enhancement to Fragment
- The raw_event_queue_reader unit test has been re-enabled thanks to fixes from Chris to work with art v1_11_03.
- Functionality was added to eh s_r_handles unit test as part of the fragment speedup.
- e6 builds of artdaq v1_12_xx will come later.
- Developers that are updating experiment-based packages to this release and starting to use cetbuildtools v4_01_xx for the first time should take a look at the changes that are needed for the newer cetbuildtools that are listed here.