Copying artdaq-related UPS products to CVMFS¶
08-Mar-2017, KAB: Here are the steps that I've been using to do this.
- log into
- to see the local hints,
'rm -i *.tar.bz2'
- fetch the latest pullProducts script, if desired
'mv pullProducts pullProducts.save'
'chmod +x ./pullProducts'
'./pullProducts /grid/fermiapp/products/artdaq slf6 artdaq-2.01.00 s41-e10 prof'(SAMPLE)
- to see what products have been installed previously, you can either
'ls -alF $HOME/pullProductsWorkArea/*MANIFEST*', or
'find . -type f -atime 0 -print | xargs -d '\n' chmod go+r'
'find . -type d -atime 0 -print | xargs -d '\n' chmod go+rx'
- edit the README file in /grid/fermiapp/products/artdaq to document the software products that you just pulled (this README file is different than the one in $HOME/pullProductsWorkArea, of course)
- if you want to trigger a special push of the code to CVMFS, use
'/grid/fermiapp/cvmfsfermilab/bin/sync-cvmfs artdaq'. Otherwise, things are automatically distributed overnight.
- the use of the
$HOME/pullProductsWorkAreadirectory is motivated by the desire to avoid cluttering up the CVMFS area with MANIFEST files and tar files
- the home area that we have on the artdaqgpvm01 virtual machine is only 18 GB in size, so it is good practice to delete tar files periodically
- the changing of file permissions (
go+rfor files and
go+rxfor directories) is needed so that the process that pushes files to CVMFS can see them