Building artdaq with Jenkins and distributing it with SciSoft¶
Instructions from Lynn¶
Lynn provided instructions for doing these things here. It is very likely that her instructions supersede what is written below.
Notes from Eric and Kurt's discussion with Lynn, 17-Jan-2015¶
- tarballs go under "packages"; manifests go under "bundles"
- cluck:/nasroot/SciSoft/bundles/tools/copyToSciSoft should be used to copy files to either of those locations
- there is a build for artdaq that we updated to build v1_12_06
- cluck:/nasroot/SciSoft/bundles/tools/copyFromJenkins can be used to copy files from the Jenkins copyOut directory
- (both of these scripts are also available from the SciSoft web site: http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/bundles/tools)
- this repository has code/scripts for creating the buildcfg and source manifest files
- the plan for the moment is to continue to use this area (Eric and I now have developer privileges)
- see console log below
- this has the build-artdaq.sh script that is currently used for Jenkins builds of artdaq
- Eric is going to copy this to the artdaq-utilities repo, and we will use it from there going forward
We tentatively agreed to skip an artdaq_core bundle, for now.
We'll need to create bundles for our experiment-based work: e.g. ds50daq, mu2e_artdaq, lbne_artdaq, etc.
We'll need to build Infiniband-based builds on the DS-50 teststand, for now. (Until we're ready to upgrade mvapich2.)
Commands used to build the
910 git clone http://cdcvs.fnal.gov/projects/build-framework 911 cd build-framework/ 912 ls 913 less CMakeLists.txt 914 vi CMakeLists.txt 915 cd .. 916 mkdir build_build-framework 918 cd build_build-framework/ 919 source /products/setup 922 cmake ../build-framework/
Sample software package dependencies¶