Build a non-OFED mvapich and use it.¶
These instructions assume that you have an SLF6 machine and you are using the RedHat-suppplied InfiniBand support. For instructions how to install this, see the RedHat-provided instructions.
- Install the development RPMs for InfiniBand support.
yum -y install libibverbs-devel libibumad-devel libibcommon-devel compat-dapl-devel \ libibmad-devel librdmacm-devel libibcm-devel infiniband-diags-devel opensm-devel \ ibutils-devel ibacm-devel dapl-devel
- Download the latest source of mvapich2 from http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/downloads/: these build instructions have only been tested with 2.0.1, but should work with any later version.
- Untar the source and change directory into the top level of the source.
- If you are building a version older than 2.1 (note: 2.1rc3 is older than 2.1), you must apply the attached patch file with:
patch --verbose -p0 < <patch-file>
- Ensure you are building with the native compiler for consistency reasons (
- Configure with (e.g.):
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mvapich2-2.0.1 --enable-fast=O3,ndebug --enable-f77 --enable-fc \ --disable-cxx --enable-romio --enable-versioning --enable-threads=runtime --enable-registration-cache \ --enable-rsh --enable-shared --enable-static --enable-yield=sched_yield --enable-rdma-cm --with-pm=hydra(change the prefix if desired, but retaining version information is strongly recommended).
- Build with
- Install with
make install(as super-user if required for installation destination).
product-stubfrom a recent version of
product-stub mvapich2 v2_0_1 /usr/local/mvapich2-2.0.1 <product-topdir>
artdaq/ups/product_depsto use the desired version, set up an
ibvariant, build and test.