artdaq_core Release Notes 1.04.05 (26-Sep-2014)¶
This version of artdaq_core can be built against art v1_12_01, v1_11_03, or v1_10_00b. However, the standard distributions on SciSoft only include builds with art v1_12_01 and v1_11_03.
It can also be built with gcc v4_9_1 or v4_8_2. However, the distributions on SciSoft only include builds with gcc v4_9_1.
For reference, the e6 build qualifier indicates gcc v4_9_1, and e5 indicates gcc v4_8_2.
The s5 qualifier indicates art v1_12_01, s4 indicates art v1_11_03, and s3 indicates art v1_10_00b.
Valid combinations are e6:s5, e6:s4, e5:s5, e5:s4, and e5:s3. The default is e6:s5.
- Previous version's release notes
- Downloads: http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/packages/artdaq_core/v1_04_05
- Nodes where this release has been deployed:
External Package Changes¶
The v1_04_xx series of artdaq_core releases so far has moved rather quickly. So, all of the changes since v1_03_05 are listed here, even though some of them became available in earlier v1_04_xx releases.
- The Utilities classes (SimpleLookupPolicy and TimeUtils) were moved from the artdaq package into artdaq_core.
- This was needed in order to split ds50daq into two packages (Issue #6192: Move the data format classes to a separate package so that darkart would not need to depend on ds50daq)
- The artdaq::Fragment class was modified to internally use a new custom vector class.
- This is part of Issue #4655: Possible performance enhancement to Fragment
- The model for storing package version and build time information in the data files has been improved and simplified.
- More information can be found here.
- An optional timestamp parameter was added to the start/stop/pause/resume commands that are sent to the system to support the synchronization of all parts of the system (initially for LBNE).
- This is part of Issue #6783: Add timestamps to Init, Start, Stop, Pause, and Resume commands
- An optional timeout parameter was added to many of the commands that are sent to the system.
- This will be needed when we get to Issue #5330: Add timeouts to the execution of XMLRPC commands. This change was made now since it was very similar to the one that added timestamps to the start/stop/pause/resume commands.
- Developers that are updating experiment-based packages to this release and starting to use cetbuildtools v4_01_xx (or later) for the first time should take a look at the changes that are needed for the newer cetbuildtools that are listed here.