artdaq_core Release Notes 1.04.00 (05-Sep-2014)¶
The v1_04_xx series of artdaq_core releases depend on art v1_11_03, and can optionally be built against art v1_10_00b.
The e5 qualifier indicates gcc v4_8_2, and e6 indicates gcc v4_9_1.
The s3 qualifier indicates art v1_10_00b, and s4 indicates art v1_11_03.
Valid combinations are e5:s3, e5:s4, and e6:s4. The default is e6:s4.
- Previous version's release notes
- Downloads: http://oink.fnal.gov/distro/packages/artdaq_core
- Nodes where this release has been deployed:
- none yet
External Package Changes¶
- The Utilities classes (SimpleLookupPolicy and TimeUtils) were moved from the artdaq package into artdaq_core.
- This was needed in order to split ds50daq into two packages (Issue #6192: Move the data format classes to a separate package so that darkart would not need to depend on ds50daq)
- The artdaq::Fragment class was modified to internally use a new custom vector class.
- This is part of Issue #4655: Possible performance enhancement to Fragment
- The change to artdaq::Fragment in this release is not backward compatible. (The reading of data written with the old artdaq::Fragment, using an std::vector, does not work.) This will be fixed in the next release of artdaq_core.
- Developers that are updating experiment-based packages to this release and starting to use cetbuildtools v4_01_xx for the first time should take a look at the changes that are needed for the newer cetbuildtools that are listed here.
Dependent Package Notes¶
- art v1_11_03
- gcc v4_9_1
- cetbuildtools v4_01_04