Artdaq utilities daqinterface Release Notes 30302¶
This version of DAQInterface supports direct process management and subconfigurations. It also doesn't end runs by default if an artdaq process dies or enters an error state.
- DAQInterface instructions: https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/artdaq-utilities/wiki/Artdaq-daqinterface
- Downloads: http://scisoft.fnal.gov/scisoft/packages/artdaq_utilities_daqinterface/v3_03_02
- Issue #21226: DAQInterface should support multiple sub-configurations
- Issue #21235: DAQInterface should be able to launch processes by a method other than pmt.rb
- Issue #21328: A set of subconfigurations which realistically model an experiment should be added to simple_test_config
- Issue #21395: max_fragment_size_bytes in the settings file should only refer to fragments, not entire events
- Issue #21496: Support hexadecimal values in settings_example
- Issue #21811: Add a subconfiguration which contains ToySimulators that behave badly by design
- Issue #21202: It should be possible to repeat a run with a minimum of effort
Bug fixes and Improvements:¶
- Issue #21360: DAQInterface should have per-partition MessageViewers
- Setting environment variable DAQINTERFACE_PROCESS_MANAGEMENT_METHOD to "direct" before launching DAQInterface will toggle on direct process management (default is "pmt", the traditional technique).
- Multiple arguments can be supplied to the config transition, each argument representing a subconfiguration
advanced_memory_usageis set to "false" in the $DAQINTERFACE_SETTINGS file, the buffer size for all transfer plugins except those linking boardreaders to eventbuilders isn't set to the
max_fragment_size_bytesvalue in $DAQINTERFACE_SETTINGS, but rather, the product of
max_fragment_size_bytesand the number of fragments per event.
just_repeat_run.shscript has been added, which allows users to repeat runs without needing to remember the exact configuration or components used.
- If a process dies or enters the Error state, the run continues, the exception being if we've got DAQINTERFACE_PROCESS_MANAGEMENT_METHOD set to "pmt", in which case a process dying will bring down the run thanks to MPI.