Wish List and Requirements for SBN artdaq Based Run Control¶
Take a look at the original page at sbndaq: Wish List and Requirements for SBN artdaq Based Run Control
Here we'll list those features and requirements that we envision to work on.
- A partition selection function prior to launching DAQInterface
- Display of the currently active partitions with their locations, related to above
Simple state/transition flow diagram showing where we are in the state machine graphically
- Make it more easy and streamlined to start up. More like click "next" a few times to resume the nominal or last run settings.
- Make it play nice with other partitions and/or users, i.e. not try to kill everything.
Reduce the verbosity to stdout
- Add various verbosity levels
- Interface to TRACE
- Health window of the various subsystems components, are they happy or sad?
- Ability to make and load various running profiles
"Hearth beat" to show status of connection
- Show current on call expert contact information
- Add various options for stopping, killing and purging processes
- A bit of a premium feature would be to have some sort of support for showing alerts for smartphones, you know 'cause millennials.