Running the Run Control GUI¶
In principle this Run Control should be able to run with any artDAQ project, however we have only tested it with SBNDAQ (https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/sbndaq).
You can run the GUI using a prebuilt package. For that do
source /daq/software/products_dev/setup # for dab servers source /software/products_dev/setup # for icarus system setup artdaq_runcontrol_gui vX_XX_XX -q QQQ:PPPP
using appropriate version number and qualifiers. Otherwise follow the instructions on Installation of the Run Control to make a local installation.
Start up the app¶
1. Source a working version of SBNDAQ or other artDAQ implementation:
Using a locally built version run:
2. Start up the local build of the app
or the following if you setup the package
This should open two windows, one with the various buttons to start up a run and another showing the transitions.
Use of the GUI¶
Hopefully using the GUI will be fool proof and intuitive... in the meanwhile, step by step instructions for the clicking part:
- Click on Start DAQInterface
- Click on Load Components and Load Configurations
- Click on the various components and configurations that are displayed on the lists. If none is visible, most likely there was an error sourcing the sbndaq project
- Click BOOT and wait until it has finished
- Click CONFIGURATE and wait until it has finished
- Click START and get data
To stop click STOP, from there you can restart with START using the same options as before or finish altogether with TERMINATE.
Note: BOOT AND CONFIG is currently broken, there's an issue logged to fix it.