Notes for Lariat 2-18-14 meeting¶
In order to start a Lariat repository, the following steps can be taken:
- Follow the instructions found in Installing and building the demo, but use the argument "--tag=experiments" when running the quick-start.sh script
- Run the following:
./artdaq-demo/tools/rename.rb <new_package_name> <new_namespace_name>
where <new_package_name> is the name to replace "artdaq-demo", and <new_namespace_name> replaces the "demo::" namespace (though omit the double colon, unlike here)
- Source the new setup<dirname> file, where dirname will be in all caps
- Perform a clean build, and make sure it works
- Strip the artdaq-demo git history
cd <new_package_name> ; rm -rf .git/
- Edit the ups/product_deps file to reflect the version you want your package to start out at (i.e., replace artdaq-demo's vxx_yy_zz with your own version)
- Re-initialize this directory as a git repository.
- Get all files trackable by git
git add .
- And create a commit