art series 3.02¶
Previous series release notes
This is the first release that removes the ROOT dependency from core art functionality. Two new packages have been introduced:
- art_root_io: provides ROOT functionality required for users (e.g. RootInput)
- critic: umbrella UPS product that sets up a consistent set of art, art_root_io, and gallery versions
Please consult the list of breaking changes to determine how your code should be adjusted to handle this migration.
Various new features have been added, primarily addressing usability issues:
'-e|--estart'program option now accepts a triplet of numbers corresponding to an
art::EventIDinstead of one number (resolves issue #9594)
FileDumperOutputcan now print out the
art::ProductIDalong with the other product information (resolves issue #18153)
- The SAM metadata stored in an art/ROOT file has been adjusted to better match what SAM expects (resolves issue #18983)
- Output-file renaming has been extended to allow for
SubRuntimestamps in the output file (resolves issue #19374)
- Configuration validation is now supported for
MixFilterdetail classes (resolves issue #19970)
MixFilterdetail classes can now directly call
MixHelper::createEngineto get a reference to the art-managed random-number-engine (resolves issue #20063)
- Other minor features
- GCC 8.2.0 with C++17 enabled (
- Clang 7.0.0 with C++17 enabled (
See here for more detailed information about primary qualifiers.
Python 3 support¶
This series is the first to support Python 3, allowing users roughly 1 year to switch to Python 3 before the Python 2's end-of-life of January 1, 2020. Note that for technical reasons, Python 3 builds are not available for SLF6 platforms. In addition, the fhicl Python extension module is only supported for version 3.02.03 and newer.
Please consult the list of breaking changes to determine if/how your code should be modified.