ART Suite Release Notes 1.08.00 (2013/07/30).¶
Previous version's release notes.
- The suite is now compiled against GCC 4.8.1.
art_make()now recognizes arbitrary plugin types: just specify (possibly blank)
XXXX_LIBRARIESoption to define plugin type
- Internal code improvements include the separation of end-path and trigger-path management. User visible consequences are:
physics.end_pathssequences are no longer necessary, but are still honored. They are composed by looking in the
physicsparameter set for unrecognized sequences and examining their contents.
- It is now an error to put a parameter into
physicsunless it is either recognized (
producers, etc.) or a sequence of modules (a path definition).
- It is now an error to have mixed paths (a path containing end-path modules (analyzers or outputs) and trigger-path modules (filters or producers).
- Multiple specified end paths are combined into one end path,
end_path, as module order and path order are both irrelevant for analyzers and outputs since they should not depend upon each other.
- Given the magnitude of the code changes, and the lack of coverage for tests of changes to e.g. metadata, experiments should carefully vet this release before relying on it.
art::ValidHandlenow conforms to the
Handleinterface as closely as possible.
RootOutputnow supports post-close file renaming. In addition, there is a related callback,
art::ActivityRegistry::sPostCloseOutputFile, described at the same place, to allow for non-destructive file operations and/or recording of filenames.
- Issue #3906: Main parameter set not saved in RootFileDB.
- Incorrect tagging of dependent packages means that this release cannot be a coherent, "suite" release.