ANNIE Docker Instructions¶
- Download Docker here: https://www.docker.com/
- Create a local folder on your computer for editing software: /myfolder/
- Download ToolAnalysis image:
$ docker pull anniesoft/toolanalysis:latest
- Run the image to create a container:
$ docker run -it --name=ToolAnalysis -v /myfolder:/mypath_in_docker anniesoft/toolanalysis:latest
The -v will mount the local folder on your computer to a path within the docker container, -i makes the container interactive, and -t specifies the docker image
- In your local folder clone ToolAnalysis from git (https://github.com/ANNIEsoft/ToolAnalysis). Edit as you like
- In the docker container, create a softlink from /ToolAnalysis/ToolDAQ to /mypath_in_docker/ToolAnalysis
This folder /ToolAnalysis/ToolDAQ contains all of the libraries and dependencies needed to compile your own build in your mounted folder (/my_path_in_docker/ToolAnalysis/).
- Go to /mypath_in_docker/ToolAnalysis
- $ source Setup.sh
- $ make all
NOTE: Mounting a path from your computer into your docker container works well for Macs and Linux. It doesn't work as well for certain versions of Window.