Access to grid resources at Fermilab is controlled by an central VOMS database.
Authorized Minos people can use the VOMS Admin web site to modify the /fermilab/minos group
- Change group membership.
- Change user role assignment typically Production.
By default, everyone has an Analysis role.
- Change the list of authorized administrators
The /fermilab/minos group can be seen at
- Get a usercert.p12 credential file at https://cilogon.org
- Search and select Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory and click [Log on]
- Use your Fermilab Services password.
- Set a 12 character secure local password for the resulting usercred.p12 .
- Import that credential into your browser.
Membership¶To add/remove a user to the group,
- Browse: Users
- search for the user
- click [more info]
- select Groups and Roles /fermilab/minos from the dropdown menu
- click [Add to group]
- A green message will flash up
- /fermilab/minos will show up in the Groups and Roles list
To remove, click [Remove from this group] under the /fermilab/minos listing
To review members, Browse: Groups, selecting /fermilab/minos
All users get an Analysis role by default when their account is created on a Minos central system.
To adjust roles, browse to the user, select [more info]
and follow the prompts under the Groups and Roles /fermilab/minos listing
It can take about a minute to add or remove the Analysis role.
Other roles take just a second.
The Minos Production role gets extra priority on Fermigrid.
You can Browse: ACL selecting /fermilab/minos.This can be used to manage permissions, and remove authorized administrators.
It is not practical to add a new entry, as the dropdown list is large and not searchable under
- Add an entry to the ACL of context: /fermilab/minos for
- a VO member certificate