We have upgraded Redmine to the latest 3.4 release.
Update: The database upgrade for Redmine is complete as of 10:20 CST
The database behind Redmine is being Upgraded on Wednesday Jan 16
The Change on Service Now says the outage will be at 09:00 - 16:00
A new version of the Protocol Compiler is available. It has been tagged with 'v1.1' so, if you have it checked out, you can get this version by specifying the tag:
$ git checkout v1.1
It hasn't yet been released in the console environment.
The protocol compiler is documented in the project's Wiki: https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/protocol-compiler/wiki
Changes from the previous version:¶
- Although there have been updates to the protocol compiler over the past ten years, we never associated releases with a version number. With this release we're starting so bugs can be reported against a known version. We've arbitrarily chose this first version to be "1.1".
versionkeyword still works, but now also generates a warning since it is deprecated. It will be completely removed in v1.2.
- The names of anonymous structures have been simplified. Although this could cause compilation errors, most code accesses fields in the structure rather than specifying the structure by name.
- The C++ generator understands two, new options:
--c++-source-only, which prevents the generator from producing both a header and a source file.
- The C++ generator moves some internal functions deeper in its namespaces so that two or more protocols can be used in an application. Previously an application using more than one protocol would get "duplicate symbol" errors from the linker.
- The Erlang generator now defines enumerations using the
- The Erlang generator generates more-efficient unmarshal functions.
A brief summary of the new features:
1) New - Communication Type - E-Mail (default) or ServiceNow
a) Required for Detector Configuration
b) Optional for Issue Configuration – Inherits from Detector if not set.
2) Tissue remediation approvals still honored.
If remediation is revoked after ServiceNow's three day delay to close a
resolved incident, a new incident will be opened.
3) Closing a ServiceNow Tissue event will not resolve the incident, but will add Work Notes saying the event was remediated.
4) Incident is assigned to the Support Group of the Configuration Item (CI).
If the CI does not have a support group, the Incident is assigned to the Service Desk.
5) The Email Template text is put into the incident Short Description and Description.
Additional information about the CI is added as Work Notes.
The Tissue Email Template recipient list is used to populate the ServiceNow Incident watch list.
On 2017-9-5 VRF polling of the routers went into production.
We've updated the system to Redmine 3.4.3
The system (ccdcvs) that we run on, and the database servers we use will be down various times Thursday morning between 7am and noon.
ccdcvsvm System/Process Owners,
This is a reminder that it's patching time again for ccdcvsvm, according to the agreed upon schedule.
Only a reboot is required. Downtime will be <30 minutes.
The system will be rebooted on Thursday, 12/21/17, at 7:00AM CDT.
Linux Server Support Group
There is a planned downtime scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, Dec. 21; from 8 a.m. to noon Central Time.
As part of this downtime, ECF will be performing kernel updates and reboots on a variety of systems, including servers ifdb04, ifdb05, and ifdb06.
Please expect downtime for the following databases:
Hosted on ifdb04 (ifdbdev):
Hosted on ifdb05 (ifdbprod, ifdbprod2):
Hosted on ifdb06 (ifdbrep):
- nova_prod (replication from novadcs-far-logger to ifdb06)
- nova_prod (replication from novadaq-near-db-01 to novadaq-near-db-02, to ifdb06)
- nova_prod (replication from novadaq-far-db-03 to novadaq-far-db-04, to ifdb06)
- nova_prod (replication from novadcs-near-logger-101)
- gm2_conditions_prod *
Databases replicated from ubdaq-prod-smc to uboonedaq-seb-10 to ifdb06:
Please distribute this message to those in your organization who may be impacted.
The database server behind Fermi Redmine, and the system itself will be rebooted for OS patches, etc. to take effect Thursday Morning at 06:30 and 07:00. Both outages should be short, maybe a few minutes.
The Elog was restarted to fix bugs and implements suggested features.
Power outage dates for moving power loads back to the Master SubStation.
Also available in: Atom