FBI - Introduction
The Fermi Blocking Interface will provide authorized users the ability to manipulate network blocks.
The Fermi Blocking Interface is being built to meet the following requirements to provide:
1) an authentication scheme to verify users.
2) an authorization scheme for assigning users to roles.
3) a BLOCK method with the effect of preventing network access for a specified network device.
4) an UNBLOCK method the the effect of removing an existing network BLOCK.
5) a STATUS method with the effect of retrieving the state of an existing network BLOCK.
6) a REPORT mechanism for viewing the state of BLOCKs and any errors.
7) a WEB GUI for creating/removing BLOCKs and viewing status.
8) an programming API for creating/removing BLOCKs and retrieving status.