Meeting Summary - 02/07/2019
Here’s a quick summary of what we discussed:
- Please continue to fill out the REDMINE wiki containing the FESS Software/Systems Portfolio. If it makes sense to break out the sections differently, feel free to do so.
Software\Systems Portfolio: https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/facilities-integration/wiki/FESS_Software_and_Systems_Portfolio
- If possible, look into installing the Cisco Jabber client for internal messaging. This client should be within the “Windows Self-Service” for the laboratory.
- Please review the project charter and let me know if you have any final changes. If possible, please review the charter and provide feedback by 2/13. I’d like to submit the charter to Joe for final approval next week.
Project Charter: https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/facilities-integration/files
- We discussed having Karen send out a FESS-Wide email notification including a survey to help us determine the section’s intent for purchasing new software this year. In the same email, we’d hope to provide a link to the form that the employees can use for submitting a software request for review. It would be beneficial to communicate the survey and form within the Weekly Lookahead report as well.
- Please send any thoughts to this group on areas where FESS may be able to make use of SIST summer students. We can communicate these ideas to FESS management.
- Dawn provided a demo of the Survey 1-2-3 tool and we discussed how soon we can begin making use of it for the purposes of our software/solutions request form and any future surveys.
I did not mention it in the meeting, but I am setting up a mailing list named firstname.lastname@example.org, to which I will subscribe each of you. We can use this mailing list for our discussions.