#include abc.h in fhicl
Any trailing spaces/tabs following abc.h in the include line above give the usual unhelpful ART/fhicl parsing error complaint and subsequent lost time pulling out one's hair.
#1 Updated by Christopher Green almost 10 years ago
- Category set to Infrastructure
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Walter E Brown
Thanks for the report. We're sorry you've been having problems with the lack of diagnostics in fhicl. This has been rectified with the latest release of the ART packages (v0.4.3) which will give line (and were appropriate, character) level diagnostics. This particular defect has been verified with the latest release however, and we will address it quickly. FYI though, with v0.4.3 one does at least get a more informative message:
Failed to parse the configuration file 'a.fcl' with exception ---- Malformed #include directive: BEGIN
at line 1 of file a.fcl
---- Malformed #include directive: END
#2 Updated by Walter E Brown almost 10 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
- Target version set to 0.5.0
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Thank you for suggesting further diagnostic improvements in the context of FHiCL's #include.
- The FHiCL language specification is being revised to permit trailing whitespace in the cited context.
- The revised specification is implemented in cetlib v0_4_9.
- We regret that we are unable to recover your lost hair. :)