Requst 64 bit for map_vector
Mu2e has a use case for which a 64 bit key for map_vector would be very convenient. We believe (but won't be certain until testing) that root's automatic schema evolution should handle this OK and allow new code to read old files. We also believe (but need to check) that this won't badly affect data sizes of files on disk because of root's compression.
#1 Updated by Christopher Green over 5 years ago
- Category set to Infrastructure
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee set to Christopher Green
- Target version set to 1.14.00
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Estimated time set to 0.50 h
- SSI Package - added
- SSI Package deleted (
Implemented as requested: map_vector_key is now 64-bit in nature, per commit cetlib:65e614c.