Support #8103: Update to art 1.13.01: update deprecated features
Investigate the new Timing replacements
art 1.13 offers replacements for
Timing module, that is considered deprecated.
We need to investigate the replacement(s) and to adapt our systems and scripts to it (noticeably, the Continuous Integration execution time database).
Removed CPU time tracking during event display (issue #8131).
Apart from exceptional needs, CPU timing on a interactive job makes
#1 Updated by Lynn Garren almost 6 years ago
- Subject changed from Investigate the new TimeService replacements to Investigate the new Timing replacements
- Status changed from New to Accepted
#4 Updated by Gianluca Petrillo over 4 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
feature/gp_Issue8103 has been updated for repositories
The update consists of three types of interventions on FHiCL files configuring
- configurations using service configuration bundles (e.g.,
@table::argoneut_services): the services mentioned above have been removed
- configurations not using service configuration bundles: the service configuration bundle
standard_resourcetrackershas been added to the service configuration
- event display configuration: the service configuration has been removed, because in general this type of profiling information is not useful in interactive jobs
A new configuration file has been added in
lardata/Utilities/resourcetracking_services.fcl, with standard configuration for
TimeTracker services. This is written for the services as present in art 2.1 and newer (it will fail with art 2.0).
The recommendation is that the experiments add the tracking services in their service configuration bundles, so that they are executed in every job apart from the interactive ones.
This is as simple as including
@table::standard_resourcetrackersin your central service configuration.
This is the reason why this resolution just removed the resource tracking services from the many configuration files in category 2.
#6 Updated by Gianluca Petrillo over 4 years ago
Feature branches have been updated to LArSoft
v06_03_00 and pushed (
larexamples was added to the list above).
The test with these branches excluded
dunetpc, which are not available yet for
v06_03_00. Previously, they were tested under