Necessary Maintenance #7731
Determine if art summary TimeReport can be replaced by TimeTracker summary
The current art summary includes a time tracker with various CPU/real-time measurements. The new
TimeTracker service will do something similar, but only with real-time measurements. We should see if these two summaries can somehow be merged.
#2 Updated by Christopher Green over 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Target version set to 1.14.00
A meeting will be scheduled to identify whether
TimeTracker can / should be changed to support the worthwhile aspects of the current "TimeReport" summary (and what those worthwhile aspects are).
#8 Updated by Kyle Knoepfel over 3 years ago
- Project changed from cet-is to art
- Category set to Infrastructure
- Status changed from Accepted to Resolved
- Assignee set to Kyle Knoepfel
- Target version changed from 521 to 1209
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- SSI Package art added
Per discussion at the stakeholders meeting on 5/19/2017, the job-level CPU time will still be captured, as that is helpful. However, the frequent CPU usage capturing at the event-level will be removed. If users want more detailed timing information, they should enable the
TimeTracker service (which gives detailed per-module wall-clock times), or use a profiler (e.g.
Implemented with commit art:e75def7b.