Investigate possible interactions with XDAQ and addition of XDAQ functions to artdaq
- readout of the electronics hardware
- configuration of the electronics hardware
- control of data taking at both low and high levels (i.e. state transitions in the electronics and Run Control)
- display the status of the electronics hardware
- viewing of histograms stored on disk
- (possibly) a graphical interface to read and write registers in the electronics and run tests (monitor, control, and test?)
This Issue is a placeholder to document the desire to investigate various aspects of the current system and how various functions might be replaced by or interacted with from artdaq.
For example, one exercise might be to graft a XDAQ process into an artdaq system. In this model, the XDAQ process would receive configuration data and commands from a BoardReader, and would send its data to the same BoardReader. This would include writing the appropriate FragmentGenerator to talk to the XDAQ process.
Another exercise might be to investigate whether XDAQ could be used as a web-based interface for sending control commands to artdaq processes.
Further exercises might be to investigate which functions could be provided by a nodejs server running in conjunction with artdaq.