Project

General

Profile

Bug #7171

MRB Qualifier Determination

Added by Martin Frank over 5 years ago. Updated almost 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Target version:
-
Start date:
10/16/2014
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Spent time:
Duration:

Description

When an MRB release is set up with a qualifier different from the defaultqual in product_deps, MRB will set up a mixture of products between the requested qualifier and default qualifier. We observed this with the novadaq project that is set up in Jenkins.

History

#1 Updated by Lynn Garren over 5 years ago

  • Project changed from art to mrb
  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Lynn Garren

#2 Updated by Lynn Garren about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved

Although each product in $MRB_SOURCE has a default qualifier, $MRB_QUALS is the overall default qualifier. When checking the qualifier matrix, look first to see if $MRB_QUALS occurs in the qualifier matrix. If there is no match for $MRB_QUALS, look for a match with the default qualifier.

This is fixed in mrb v1_04_02

#3 Updated by Tingjun Yang about 5 years ago

Hi Lynn,

I seem to still have problem if I check out and build lbne-raw-data (v1_00_00) and lbnecode using mrb v1_04_02. The building was fine but mrbslp gives:
<lbnegpvm05.fnal.gov> mrbslp
local product directory is /lbne/app/users/tjyang/larsoft_dev/localProducts_larsoft_v04_02_00_e6_prof
----------- this block should be empty ------------------
ERROR: Version conflict -- dependency tree requires versions conflicting with current setup of product artdaq_core: qualifiers e6:prof:s6 vs e6:nu:prof:s6
---------------------------------------------------------
lbne-raw-data has
defaultqual e6:s6
qualifier artdaq_core gcc notes
e6:s6:prof e6:s6:prof nq std=c++11
e6:s6:debug e6:s6:debug -nq
std=c++11
e6:s5:prof e6:s5:prof -nq
std=c++11
e6:s5:debug e6:s5:debug -nq
std=c++11
e5:s6:prof e5:s6:prof -nq
std=c++11
e5:s6:debug e5:s6:debug -nq
std=c++11
e5:s5:prof e5:s5:prof -nq
std=c++11
e5:s5:debug e5:s5:debug -nq
std=c++11
nu:e6:s6:prof nu:e6:s6:prof -nq
std=c++11
nu:e6:s6:debug nu:e6:s6:debug -nq
std=c++11
nu:e6:s5:prof nu:e6:s5:prof -nq
std=c++11
nu:e6:s5:debug nu:e6:s5:debug -nq
std=c++11
nu:e5:s6:prof nu:e5:s6:prof -nq
std=c++11
nu:e5:s6:debug nu:e5:s6:debug -nq
std=c++11
nu:e5:s5:prof nu:e5:s5:prof -nq
std=c++11
nu:e5:s5:debug nu:e5:s5:debug -nq
-std=c++11

Normally I set up larsoft with qualifier e6:prof. It is not in the qualifier matrix of lbne_raw_data so lbne_raw_data will be set to e6:prof:s6 based on the default qualifier and this is in conflict with the the dependence of lbne_raw_data e6:nu:prof:s6 for lbnecode.

Tingjun

#4 Updated by Lynn Garren about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Assigned
  • % Done changed from 0 to 50

Tingjun, please provide a complete set of steps from a fresh to reproduce your problem. From your description, it sounds as if the problem may be in lbne_raw_data. I would like to reproduce this.

#5 Updated by Tingjun Yang about 5 years ago

  • % Done changed from 50 to 0

Hi Lynn,

Here is what I did:
setup larsoft v04_02_00 -q e6:prof
mkdir test
cd test
mrb newDev
source localProducts_larsoft_v04_02_00_e6_prof/setup
cd srcs
mrb g -t v1_00_00 lbne-raw-data
mrb g lbnecode
cd $MRB_BUILDDIR
mrbsetenv
mrb i -j4
mrbslp

Tingjun

#6 Updated by Lynn Garren about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

The head of lbne_raw_data has been updated to use artdaq_core v1_04_10 in all cases, even for the s6 qualifier. lbnecode still uses artdaq_core v1_04_08. There is a disconnect here between the daq group and the offline group. I am a bit perplexed as to why you were able to build both together. That should not have worked. I will look into it, but this qualifier issue is now resolved.

#7 Updated by Martin Frank about 5 years ago

I just tested it with novaddt and it works like a charm! Thank you very much for making this patch.

#8 Updated by Lynn Garren almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed


Also available in: Atom PDF