pilot starts should not send mail on daemon crash
We have creation/web_base/condor_config:MAIL = /bin/mail
This means that a crashed startd is going to send mail to CONDOR_ADMIN (which is root@localhost by default). This doesn't seem like the right behavior.
I'd argue that pilots shouldn't send mail on startd crashes, period. (Factory operators can always add these attributes back in on an entry-by-entry basis or even globally).
- Subject changed from MAIL should not be defined for pilot startd to pilot starts should not send mail on daemon crash
Changed the title - we need to set
PUBLISH_OBITUARIES = False
rather than messing with the MAIL setting.
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Burt Holzman to Parag Mhashilkar
Updated by Parag Mhashilkar almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
- Assignee changed from Parag Mhashilkar to Burt Holzman
Looks ok. Merged to branch_v3_2 and master
Updated by Parag Mhashilkar over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom