Project

General

Profile

Bug #6899

Frontend fix_rrd not reliable

Added by Igor Sfiligoi almost 6 years ago. Updated over 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Parag Mhashilkar
Category:
Frontend
Target version:
Start date:
08/29/2014
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
First Occurred:
Occurs In:
Stakeholders:
Duration:

Description

As part of #3615, I tried to upgrade the Frontend in place with -fix_rrd.
(after applying #6882)

But the net result were broken RRDs.
So, something is still broken.


Related issues

Related to GlideinWMS - Bug #6882: rrdSupport broken when using the cmdline versionClosed08/28/2014

Related to GlideinWMS - Feature #3615: Add failed glidein monitoring to the FrontendClosed08/26/2014

History

#1 Updated by Parag Mhashilkar almost 6 years ago

  • Target version changed from v3_2_7 to v3_2_8

#2 Updated by Parag Mhashilkar over 5 years ago

After debugging, I could not reproduce the problem on SL6. Problems I faced were related to new fields introduced as part of the related tickets. Keeping the length of the rrd data source smaller than 20 char long addressed most of the issues. I did make -fix_rrd default as part of the upgrade process.

Changes are in branch v3/7199-3615 since it make sense to test them there.

Will try to reproduce the problem on SL5

#3 Updated by Parag Mhashilkar over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved

Could not reproduce on SL5 either. Since there are no logs or additional details like rrdtools version etc, closing the ticket. Will open a new one if we come across this issue again.

#4 Updated by Parag Mhashilkar over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed


Also available in: Atom PDF