Transition from Pythia6 to Pythia8
GENIE (up to 2-8 and on, for now) uses Pythia6, which is not supported anymore and often requires the installation of a Fortran compiler. We need to shift to Pythia8.
- Tracker changed from Feature to Support
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Due date changed from 09/30/2014 to 12/30/2014
Shifting the due date for this - it is unlikely to be part of the fall release.
- % Done changed from 10 to 30
S. Mrenna made some significant updates to GENIE code to use Pythia8. We are now in the process of tracking down all dependencies on 6 (mostly via ROOT) and closing in on a successful build.
- Due date changed from 12/30/2014 to 10/31/2015
- % Done changed from 30 to 60
Teppei Katori at Queen Mary, London, has taken this on and made a lot of progress. He and students have a working version of the code that needs clean-up and implementation of best practices.
- Due date changed from 10/31/2015 to 08/31/2017
Also available in: Atom