Support #7559: Memory check issues for Sirius A
SimpleMemoryCheck affected by overflow errors
It happens that the counters used in the
SimpleMemoryCheck service code hit the 4Gi limit of the 32 bit integers and wrap up.
Please use the format specifiers suggested in `man 5 proc` to read
/proc/PID/stat, and use matching data types.
#1 Updated by Christopher Green over 6 years ago
- Subject changed from SimpleMemoryCkeck affected by overflow errors to SimpleMemoryCheck affected by overflow errors
- Category set to Infrastructure
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Target version set to 1.09.03
- Estimated time set to 3.00 h
This (and the related issue #2233) should be addressed for the next release.
#6 Updated by Kyle Knoepfel almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
The integer types of
unsigned long) and
long) are now compatible with those specified by
procfs. Any wrapping issues due to exceeding the maximum allowed value of either type will now be due to limitations of the operating system.
Implemented with fbc282dd.