Question about association usage in art v1_08_09
The nova ddt group has recently upgraded to art version 1_08_09, since then I've discovered that the previous way in which I was retrieving a one to many association has stopped working. I've managed to find that it only seems to work if retrieve a one to one association (which includes the "many" product of the aforementioned one to many association) before hand.
Do you know why this would be?
In order to illustrate our use case and to demonstrate the problem I've prepared a small test package. This package runs in the novaddt environment and consists of the following:
- a producer module which makes several vectors of DAQ hits
- a producer module which makes two tracks for each vector of DAQ hits then stores the associations between each track and and a sub-set of the hits with no instance label (this would represent the hits that make up the track) and then also the entire vector of DAQ hits and each track with an instance label (this represents a link to the entire hit list within which the track was found).
- a filter module which retrieves these products and associations
You can run this by running the following commands:
# setup novaddt source /grid/fermiapp/nova/novaddt/srt/srt.sh export EXTERNALS=/nusoft/app/externals source $SRT_DIST/products/setup source $SRT_DIST/setup/setup_novaddt.sh "$@" # make a test release newrel -t development nova_ddt_sandbox_061113 cd nova_ddt_sandbox_061113/ srt_setup -a # add in the test package svn co svn+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/cvs/projects/novaart-devs/trunk/users/tamsett/AssnTest ./AssnTest cd include/ ln -s ../AssnTest/ cd ../ # make make # run nova -c job/dummytrackmakeranajob.fcl /nova/ana/trigger/data/ddt.root -n 1
You'll notice that the printout from the final module (3.) shows that the track to hits association finds no tracks:
--- novaddt::DummyTrack Ana analyze. Event: 1 --- got 10 tracks --- got 5 slices got 5 associations between slices and tracks slice: 1 hits got 0 tracks slice: 2 hits got 0 tracks slice: 3 hits got 0 tracks slice: 4 hits got 0 tracks slice: 5 hits got 0 tracksHowever if you now edit AssnTest/DummyTrackAna_module.cc and comment in line 86: https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/projects/novaart/repository/devs/entry/trunk/users/tamsett/AssnTest/DummyTrackAna_module.cc#L86
and then remake and run that the associations now work:
--- novaddt::DummyTrack Ana analyze. Event: 1 --- got 10 tracks --- got 5 slices got 5 associations between slices and tracks slice: 1 hits got 2 tracks track V: 0 track V: 0 slice: 2 hits got 2 tracks track V: 1 track V: 1 slice: 3 hits got 2 tracks track V: 2 track V: 2 slice: 4 hits got 2 tracks track V: 3 track V: 3 slice: 5 hits got 2 tracks track V: 4 track V: 4In case any of the above steps don't work the code can be seen here:
and found in:
Sorry for the long email, regards
#1 Updated by Christopher Green about 6 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Navigation
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Christopher Green
- Priority changed from Normal to Urgent
- Target version set to 1.08.10
- Experiment NOvA added
- Experiment deleted (
- SSI Package art added
- SSI Package deleted (
Attempting to reproduce and study now.
#4 Updated by Christopher Green about 6 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Products and association are produced in the same module; and
Assnsis accessed via a
FindManyin a different module in the same job.