DHCP Collector Transition Plan
To make the transition period as smooth as possible (QIP->Infoblox), the following steps will be taken:
- Split the existing DHCP collector code and the Temporary Registration collector code into two separate modules.
- Turn off DHCP collector on QIP, and then start the DHCP collector on SNMPbridge.
- New DHCP collector using the event stream mechanism consists of:
- Two Event Notifiers for DHCP leases (one for QIP, the other for Infoblox).
- Event Notifiers send events to a single dispatcher running in productions.
- To event consumers (QIP/Infoblox) subscribe to dispatcher and populate the database tables.
- Existing temporary registration collector running on QIP through end of transition
- Design, test, and install a new temporary registration collector running through the
- event stream mechanism.
#1 Updated by Vladimir Bravov over 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Vladimir Bravov
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
- Estimated time set to 80.00 h
1 Set source data via SNMPBRIDGE;
2 make configuration for auto- restart;
3 set regression tests from file;
5 make configuration updates for deployment;
6 design monitoring (connection diagnostic ) and deploy it ;
7 set the copmlex testing using development DB and nimisrv system